The Upstate Homeless Coalition of South Carolina is a private, non-profit organization. UHCSC is a collaborative organization dedicated to ending homelessness through programming, advocacy, and building safe and affordable housing. UHCSC coordinates the Continuum of Care throughout a 13 county area, helping to find gaps in services for homeless people and develop strategies to close the gaps. We take a holistic approach to help homeless people build new lives. Please download the UHC Informational Brochure in PDF format.
- We work with families and individuals.
- We provide intensive case management to help participants become self-sufficient.
- We are not in competition with other agencies, but help other agencies, often donating goods and services to them.
- We fill the gaps in services for homeless people, rather than duplicating existing services.
- We build housing, as well as provide programs.
- We do not provide emergency shelter, but do provide transitional and permanent housing.
- We have a program presence in 7 counties, and work with providers in 13 counties.
- We lead in advocacy on homeless issues at all levels of government.
- We will work with homeless people with a variety of problems, as opposed to specializing in a specific problem.
- We help bring into the upstate over $3,000,000 from HUD each year for the homeless service providers.
- We manage the Continuum of Care
To eliminate homelessness.